Why Use the Drift Spa – Unexpected Benefits Of Massages
Seven Unexpected Benefits of Massages
We are so lucky here at Castaways to have our very own spa right next door and we all know that massage feels great… but did you also know…
- Sleep! You will manage to sleep better so you will feel more refreshed and relaxed the next day. Massages trigger the release of a chemical called serotonin (a happy chemical) which is a precursor to the production of melatonin. This helps regulate your internal clock and controls your sleep patterns, so no more restless nights for you!
- Posture. Good posture is more important than you may realise and massages help make you sit straighter therefore helping your posture, achey back and neck too. No more aches and pains in the morning for you.
- It’s good for your head. It has been proven to help with people who suffer migraines and sinusitis.
- It alleviates other pains too. Injured athletes can stave off further problems by getting sports massages or remedial massages, also improving flexibility.
- Happiness! Massage therapy positively affects the parasympathetic nervous system, which controls the body’s functions while it’s at rest. This is another part of the reason why massages are so relaxing and actually really do make you happy!
- It improves circulation. The never-ending issue of circulation..well, go get a massage! Fun fact: It also rids the muscles of toxins.
- Improves Exercise Performance Studies have shown that regular massage therapy helps to improve your muscles’ ability to utilize oxygen, improves muscle flexibility, and alleviates muscle soreness after exercise, allowing your body to perform better and recover faster when participating in exercise or sport.